New music video by Synne Sanden
Synne Sanden releases the music video of the song “Imitation” from her upcoming album.
The video is shot in the amazing scenery of Nordre Spro and Jettegrytene and expresses emotions in line of how the upcoming album is described: sore, intense and organic. The music video is a collaboration between the two KOSO associates and friends Synne Sanden and photographer and director Linnea Syversen.
“I wanted to do a video where I didn’t sing, but just expressed these emotions through movement, images and filming in the cave”
– Synne Sanden
– The song is about wanting to be someone else and is a personal description of inferiority and self-loathing. When we planned the recording I told Linnea that I wanted to do a video where I didn’t sing, but just expressed these emotions through movement, images and filming in the cave and at Jettegrytene, says Synne.
– To make music videos with Linnea is very intense, in a good way. Imitation is the first out of four music videos we´re shooting for my upcoming album.
– To work with Synne is incredibly fascinating. She inspires me in so many ways; through her music, lyrics and also how she dares to accentuate feelings that are associated with taboo. When we work together I easily get in the state of mind where I visualize and envision ideas. The lyrics of her songs affects and inspires me, and I feel lucky to work with such a talented artist and good friend.
Synne further elaborates:
– We immediately agreed on the direction of the music video, and throughout the whole process we agreed on suggestions from each other. That is something very rare for me; to agree this much. We listen a lot to the same music and like many of the same music videos, so it´s very easy to find the right artistic path together.
– We started recording the Imitation-video in the cave, and immediately after arriving we both got into a meditative state of mind where we forgot about the world outside of the cave. We both got very calm, but also very energetic at the same time. I think it´s the feeling of flow and presence that made us feel this, and also that we both kind of tune into the emotions of the song, and convey them through the camera, which feels very powerful.
“I´m very satisfied with the result and I think Linnea is such a talented and bold photographer, cinematographer and director so I feel lucky that I found her”
– Synne Sanden
– I have a lot of trust in Linnea’s artistic decisions and she has contributed with very significant ideas that I think is benefiting the video.
– Linnea and I have been dear friends for 9 years and have been doing a lot of shoots together. Over these years we have been spending a lot of time together and we know eachother very well, so that helps me infront the camera – to know that she knows what I have been through and that I know that she understands. To know that she´s not judging me, makes it easier to go into these emotions that makes me feel vulnerable. I´m very satisfied with the result and I think Linnea is such a talented and bold photographer, cinematographer and director so I feel lucky that I found her.